- Enhancing its industry leading unified storage portfolio, Oracle announced significant upgrades to the Sun Storage 7000 Unified Storage System product line.
- The enhancements include built-in inline data deduplication that can be combined with inline data compression, 4 and 8 Gbit/sec Fibre Channel protocol support, multiple storage pools, and new 1 and 2 TB SAS disk drives – doubling maximum system capacity to 576TB.
- These features help customers dramatically reduce the costs of storing, consolidating and managing data with increased storage efficiency, expand the use of the Sun Storage 7000 System product line into Fibre Channel Storage Area Networks (SANs), and improve overall capacity and availability.
- Oracle is the first storage vendor to bring the power of advanced DTrace Analytics to Fibre Channel SANs. Storage analytics enable storage administrators to quickly locate and manage SAN workload hot spots and bottlenecks, understand how configuration and application changes affect the storage system, and provision Flash storage capabilities without guesswork.
- As part of Oracle’s commitment to delivering complete, open and integrated systems, the Sun Storage 7000 System Product Line is engineered and supported with Oracle Solaris, Oracle Enterprise Linux, Oracle Database, Oracle Applications, Oracle Fusion Middleware and Sun System software products, as well as third party products. For example, Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g Grid Control provides an integrated Oracle Database to Sun Storage 7000 view, enabling simple diagnosis of application delivery problems and storage impact during application and database deployment.